Sunday, May 28, 2006

Going to the police dogs

It looks like every officer on duty with the Salem Police Department is in my apartment complex.

I got rousted from my bed by the sound of a voice over a PA system, telling someone to come out with their hands up. I thought maybe I better get up and see if I was the one supposed to be coming out.

It turns out it was one of the neighbors, who didn't want to come out, for whatever reason. After repeated warnings over the loudspeaker, the cops sent in the police dogs (I counted at least two on scene) and about 8 or 10 officers with guns drawn.

Now the fire department is here, probably to delivery emergency medical care for dog bites.

I've lost track of how many times the cops have been in the complex in the lest than a year I've lived here, in just my little corner of the complex. Who knows how often they get called in on the other side of the complex where I can't see or hear the commotion. There was a fatal shooting here not so long ago.

Have I mentioned how much I love living here?

All the drunks driving home from the bars in town will have a lot fewer cops to dodge this morning, thanks to the commotion here.

Update: 2:20 a.m. An ambulance was brought in and young girl was brought out to it on a stretcher. She seemed alert and was sitting up, so hopefully whatever injuries she suffered were not serious.

Things seem to be quiting down now. Some of the police cruisers have left, as has a fire truck and the ambulance. Earlier I saw one person in handcuffs placed in the back of a patrol car, but that was before the police dogs and officers went in to the apartment.

Maybe things are quiting down now. So I shall try to go back to bed. Who says there's no excitement in Salem on a Saturday night?

Technorati tags:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my.

All this...

...and rain?!?

Diana Benning said...

Perhaps it is time to think about moving! I am up for a move, let's go crazy and get a place together!

Anonymous said...

I think Brat's idea has merit there G-Man! Time for the two of you to get a little crazy! ;-)

Glad things quieted down for you.

3T

Diana Benning said...

Thanks 3T! I told him we should just do it! Why do we need to date officially? Who does that anymore? LOL!

The End Debt Daily paper.li