Monday, August 06, 2007

Gateway to Hell (Part 4)

Surprise, surprise, there was something wrong with the hard drive on my computer. They replaced the hard drive and now called me Sunday that it was ready. So I went to pick it up today.

Of course, that experience could not be without a glitch. The system disk I took in with the computer, which the computer folks directed me to leave with the computer, was no where to be found when I picked up the laptop. So, they'll either have to mail it to me or I'll have to go back and pick it up.

So, I've been futzing around with the computer for hours, trying to get it back in operation. I don't know when, or if, I'll ever get it back to anything close to where it was. And I don't think I'll trust it enough to try, at least not for a while.

But for now, I have my laptop back, and it only has taken about a month since I first took it in. It seems to be working. And it is certainly faster than my old desktop.

But for some reason, I can't get my e-mail to work right. I'm too tired to mess with it any more today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the eternal, never-ending story. It's the shaggy dog story to end all shaggy dog stories.

All of a sudden my new machine, after a month, won't format discs, and the disc tray won't open until after I've shut down the fershclugginer thing.

21st century, indeed. (But I'll never agree to go back to corncobs!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they got it working for you, G-Man. (But I think after everything you went through, I wouldn't buy THAT brand again!)

Cheers!

3T

The End Debt Daily paper.li