Monday, December 29, 2008

Blasted by the past

I had the strangest emotional reaction today. I followed a link on Twitter that led be to a website where I saw a name I recognized. The name was the husband of woman I dated in college. So I decided to read what he wrote.

It was a poem. In it, he made a reference to sex. Of course I assumed the reference was to his wife. And what I felt shocked me. I felt a pang of jealousy.

How could that be? Of course this woman was very important to me back in college. She was, I now know, my first love. She was my first really serious relationship. But that was 20 years ago.

Why would I feel jealousy now, after all these years? I haven't even scene her in probably a dozen years. It didn't make sense.

But then, feelings don't subscribe to logic.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps all romantic moments stay with us at some level. For instance, there was __ in first grade!
(Really and for true!)

Engi A said...

I think the fact that she was your first love definitely helped in imprinting the memory of her and you together. It has nothing to do with still loving her or having any sort of feelings towards her.

HUNNY05 said...

YEPP THESE MEMORIES NEVER LEAVES US ALONE. JEALOUSY IS THE THING TO DEAL WITH PATIENTS.
WHAT CAN WE DO NOW FOR THE PERSONS WE HAVE LOST DOSENT MATTERS.
THEY NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!!!
BUT STILL THEY ARE SCRATCHING THE WALLS OF OUR red HEART BY LIVING AWAY MILES OF DISTANCE...
THATS MATTERS!!!

HUNNY05 said...

GRRRRRRRRRREAT.........BRILLIANT BLOGGING!!!!!!!!
HATS OFF!!!
ALL THE BEST!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Um...Wha'?

The End Debt Daily paper.li