Monday, May 21, 2007

Three strikes

Sorry, I haven't been posting much lately. I supposed that deserves some sort of explanation. There are basically three things going on. One is that I've been a bit busy, which has been good. Because in the times I haven't been busy I've been moping around a bit, and that's not so good. And I really haven't felt up to doing a lot of self analysis.

The third thing is that I got a little freaked out about my blog a while back. I was walking past a coworker's desk and saw my blog up on my colleague's computer screen in my office. My first reaction was to just shut this thing down once and for all. I've also thought about going completely the other way, and just being completely upfront about who I am. But I'm not sure I'm quite ready to do either of those things. But one thing is certain, I haven't really written much that's very interesting since the point where I got worries about people in my offline world discovering my little online journal. It has made me timid and tentative.

It's just not much fun being half-hearted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe it's time to consider opening another blog site using your name.

That site will be just as informative and sharing, but you might find, as I have, that using your name and giving others a chance to contact you directly will set in motion certain self-censoring triggers.

Digital Fishwrap can remain your blog for therapeutic postings (well, OK, the whole blogging thingy is therapeutic) and the new one can be for entries which can and should be shared without reservation.

I encourage you to continue blogging--I check DF every day because I know you're busy, and I want to make sure you're still alive.
:-)

The End Debt Daily paper.li