Friday, December 17, 2004

A tentative first step

I've been playing around with a blog on another site for the last couple of months, but it's not public. Only a few family members and friends have had access to the site. But I stumbled across another blog that blew me away, and was glad it was out there for the world to see. The site, is called tequila mockingbird, and boy can that bird sing!

I can't even imagine or pretend that I have the same level of talent, nor can I pretend I have anything as profound to say. But, I'm inspired to try. Inspired to give it a go.

This may all end up being so much digital fishwrap. But if it leads to some personal revelations about the wider world, or the inner workings of my feable mind, then perhaps it was worth the trying. Only time will tell.

I can't say there will be a theme to this blog, or even a cohesive thread running through it. I have no great desire to get published. My words get published in a daily newspaper every day (often under the nom de plume "staff reports"). I've seen my name in print. I've answered calls from readers. Messing up the crossword puzzle usually gets more reaction than all the big, hard-hitting stories newspaper folks are so intent on publishing. I seek no fame or glory. I merely seek a little better understanding of life and a better way to live it.

A blog may not be the answer, but how many times can a guy watch "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" on late night TV? Well, at least I haven't yet succumb to watching informercials.

Speaking of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," which is on AMC at the moment, I have the theme song for that movie as a ringtone on my cell phone. But it only rings when one person calls. It's my former fiancee's ringtone... not that it rings much anymore (it may not even have the right phone number associated with it anymore).

Perhaps that's a story for another post: How the symbol of our relationship went from a diamond ring to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."


No comments:

The End Debt Daily paper.li