Friday, December 31, 2004

Cyber hell

I am lost in dial-up Internet hell, so I won't try to get too elaborate here. I'm visiting family who live out in the middle of BFE in rural Eastern Oregon. OK, so that was redundant. Anyway, posting like this is nuts, so new pearls of wisdom may have to wait until I get back to my own computer and a stable Internet connection.

I guess home is where the dsl is.

And of course that is assuming I still have a home and my place wasn't washed away by the rains and flooding in Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley this week. But all things considered, I think I'd rather take my chances with winter rains in Palm Springs than freezing fog here in BFE, which is what we have going on at my present location. We had snow today, rain and now freeing fog, making for black ice on the roads. My parents have a police scanner, so I'm sitting here listening to all the calls for cops and ambulances for all the cars spinning off the roads and flipping over on the Interstate.

I don't miss this cold weather and bad roads crap. Not for a second. Family, yes. Old friends, yes. But not temperatures below freezing.



No comments:

The End Debt Daily paper.li