Monday, January 03, 2005

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Vacations are good, and it is always good to see and spend time with family, but it is good to be back home. If nothing else I get to sleep in a bed for the first time in more than a week, and it’s my bed! Of course that means the vacation is all but over, and it’s time to get back to my own chores, responsibilities, and of course return to work. Maybe sleeping on air mattresses and couches wasn’t so bad after all.

Actually, I enjoyed outstanding hospitality during my visit to Oregon and got to see and talk with a lot of family and some old friends. And the weather was beautiful in Portland Sunday. The skies were clear and a spectacularly crisp shade of pale blue, which was a nice contrast with the snowcapped cinder cones of Mount Hood and Mount St. Helens. St. Helens even blew off a little steam, or ash, or something as if to say farewell on my final day in the Northwest.

And the forecast for Monday in Palm Springs calls for showers and a chance of thunderstorms with a flash flood watch in effect until Tuesday afternoon. It seems I can’t escape the rain even in the desert, but the odds are slim I’ll see snow anytime soon like I did over the last week on my vacation.


When time allows I'll post some observations from vacation -- the good, the bad and the indifferent.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a very happy new year. I hope 2005 is treating you well so far.

No comments:

The End Debt Daily paper.li