Monday, January 31, 2005

Digital constipation?

So, 3rd-Time is dissing me for my lack of posts! What, a guy can't go 48 hours without making a post on a blog these days? I don't recall every guaranteeing this was going to be a daily digital publication.

I do have a life, people. It may not be much of one, but it does occasionally require me to spend some time away from a computer, or at least away from my home computer. And occasionally I have to write stuff for other purposes. So, forgive me my blogging transgressions.

Actually, I've been noticing some of my favorite bloggers don't post every day, and I can relate to the feeling of not having something "fresh" to read on their site, and they are still up for awards for their work (not that I'm comparing myself to them or seeking any award nominations for this site). But three of my favorite sites, tequila mockingbird, This Fish Needs a Bicycle, and Friday Fishwrap are not daily posters. Although This Fish has been remarkably regular of late. TM has been averaging about one post a week. And MJ over at Friday has a good track record, plus lots of fun links to supplemental content, so I am never bored or left lacking. Lord knows there are plenty of sites out there to scout out and explore. I still have only scratched the outer reaches of the blogosphere.

So, my apologies if my posts are too infrequent. I will warn you in advance, I'm going out of town this weekend, and I do not have or travel with a laptop. So, I will probably have no posts Friday through Sunday. As they say, forewarned is forearmed.

Or is that foreplay is not fornication?

No, that doesn't sound right, but then I haven't had any first hand experience in a while, so how would I know? But if you have, feel free to share. I'm happy to experience a sex live vicariously through others!


3 comments:

tequila mockingbird said...

it's always a good thing when people want to read what you have to say, and it's always flattering that they want more.

personally, it's been a hard balance for me to strike -- trying to make the readers happy while still being happy myself. i posted every single day for a very long time [well, a "very long time" for a blog, anyway]. honestly, it got be grueling. especially, i think, since most of my posts are longer than your typical blog post -- some of them are three to five printed pages. that's a lot to churn out every day, and i just burned out. the blog started to feel like work. or at least like an obligation.

so, i sort of fell back and took a look at the site and decided i had to stop writing for everyone else and just write for me. now, i let it be more organic. quality over quantity...not that i'm saying it's high-quality stuff, but you get the point. so now i write when i have a story i want to share. i still get the emails demanding i post more often, but i'm finally starting to not feel guilty about the clamoring.

okay...longest. comment. EVER.

sorry 'bout that.

The G-man said...

Did you see that? Do you know who that was? The lady? In the last post? Julia? She is the Tequila Mockingbird. The one. The only.

I think I may faint. I comment from the goddess of blogs on my lame little site? That's definitely more of a highlight than seeing Barry Manilow over dinner or other celebrities on a golf course.

I can now die a happy blogger.

Diana Benning said...

I knew all along you were good!

The End Debt Daily paper.li