Sunday, January 16, 2005

Workin' through the weekend

I ended up having to go to work Saturday. I'll spare you the boring details, but suffice to say that computers were involved, problems were experienced, much of a Saturday was lost.

I was able to get done early enough to grab a quick meal, get home, shower, and make it to the party for the colleagues who are leaving.

Parties (or bars) are not my natural habitat. The odd thing about the party Saturday was that I knew virtually everyone there from work or other social gatherings, but still felt like I was a fish out of water for the early part of the night. Making small talk is not my strength, and I hate talking about work issues outside of the office. Work gets enough of my time and mental energy. I'd rather not chat about it over drinks too.

I took my camera along to snap a few snapshots of the evening. I'm trying to do that more often. Document a little of this life. And maybe that loosened me up. Before I knew it, I was mingling, flowing through the crowd, laughing and having a really good time. I'll miss the colleagues who are leaving, but the gathering in their honor was decidedly not a sad event. I think we helped send them off in style.

Well, I need to quite expending words on here, because I also have a column to write for my non-paying moonlighting gig for a local publication.

I want a mulligan for the weekend though. I'm ending up working too much of it away. The sun is out. The temperature is in the low 70s (yes in January). It's too nice to be inside today.

3 comments:

Diana Benning said...

70? I think that sounds like skinny dipping weather! Where shall we meet? We did get an offer for a pool!

Byagi said...

You should put up some pictures from your party.

The G-man said...

Well, just because you are surrounded by snow does not mean 70 is warm enough for skinny dipping. Maybe skinny dipping in the hot tub!

Come west young woman, come west!

The End Debt Daily paper.li