Monday, January 24, 2005

Stick a fork in me

I haven't make a post here in almost 48 hours. I just couldn't. Early in the weekend I was stressed about work, and I've told myself I am absolutely not going to bitch about work on my blog. I don't need to be Dooced, thank you very much. My creditors would not be amused, and it would be damn hard to do anything at all for my daughter if I were homeless. So, early in the weekend, I was preoccupied, and could find anything else to remove the preoccupation.

But by Sunday I had a new preoccupation. I write a little column for a weekly publication here in the desert, and I just couldn't find the inspiration I needed to get the column written. I usually write it on Sunday. There were many false starts and distraction yesterday, most of them in my head. Finally, last night, I gave up and went to bed early, thinking that a good night's rest would light the fire. But then, as seems to happen anytime I try going to bed before midnight, I couldn't sleep. Dozed off briefly. Had a nice little power nap. Then I was wide awake for hours. I think I finally fell asleep sometime after 4 a.m. And then, I slept through my alarm. Well, I hit the snooze button about a zillion times.

Anyway, I somehow managed to eek out a column. And I'm sure it sucks. And I really don't care. As one of my old bosses used to say, "I'm in love with the doneness of it."

It's done. I'm done. Now it's time to head to work.

Not an auspicious way to kick off the week.

No comments:

The End Debt Daily paper.li