Thursday, March 03, 2005

Inspiration is where you find it

"You will be showered with good luck."

So said the little strip of paper in my fortune cookie I received with my dinner.

I can't say I'm a big believer in fortune cookie sayings, or other superstitions. But I still find myself tucking those little strips of paper into my pocket or wallet. I just can't seem to throw out those little nuggets of miniature bumper sticker-type philosophy once I come across them.

I've been showered with rain this year, which was certainly unexpected living in a desert. I certainly won't pull out an umbrella to deflect any sprinkles of luck that come my way. I'll happily let it soak into my skin.

5 comments:

SunGrooveTheory said...

Check this out: Who knew?? You can get as many fortunes as you need, but you can't stick the paper in your wallet.

(yet another habit we share... =) ))
Thanks for posting your comment on my blog!!

Virtual Fortune Cookie =)

SunGrooveTheory said...

P.S. My fortune was, "if you're not living on the edge... you're taking up too much room."

Goodness!!

The G-man said...

Mine was:

If you wake up in the morning feeling Sleepy and Grumpy, then you must be Snow White. - David Frost

I'm pretty sure I don't even want to go there.

SunGrooveTheory said...

That's hilarious!!

Right, those who are still humming Darling Nikki, are far from feeling Sleepy and Grumpy...

Unknown said...

My fortune cookie keeps telling me that my lawn needs to be mowed. One said "And do some weeding, you lazy bum." OK, then.

The End Debt Daily paper.li