Saturday, February 10, 2007

Put a muzzle on that kid

I was reminded today about why I quit shopping at Wal-Mart.

I ventured out today to use a gift card I got for Christmas. The madhouse started in the parking lot. I thought my luck was pretty amazing when I found a parking spot right up near one of the entrance doors.

My shopping goals were modest. I needed some deodorant and through I might check to see if they carry the cologne I use. Beyond that I planned to check out the music and electronics department.

In the massive store, I found my brand of deodorant, but not the specific kind I like. I picked it up anyway. And I did find my cologne, but it was in a locked cabinet. After waiting around and walking around looking for a clerk who might be able to unlock the cabinet, I gave up and moved on.

I didn't see any CDs I wanted or needed. I didn't see much I wanted or needed. The only thing I did see a lot of were people. Lots and lots of people. People with a high number of screaming kids per capita. How in the hell can parents allow their children to scream, cry and throw tantrums when out in public?

I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I managed to find a few other things to purchase. I didn't quite use up the entire gift card amount though. There were 17 cents left on the card.

Odds are good that is 17 cents that will never get spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And from the sounds of it, worth sacrificing, to not have to put up with screaming, bratty rugrats!
Posts like this do remind me how happy I am, that my kids are older, and wouldn't think of making a scene now. Of course they also think I'm uncool, and they want to wander off on their own.... (Eh, it's always something)

3T

The End Debt Daily paper.li