Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Countdown to quitting

Things are a bit busy, so I'm not sure how often I will be able to post the next few days, but I do intend to write about the experience, the process, of kicking the tobacco habit. Maybe it will help me get through it, or give me something to do when there are cravings. Or maybe it will help someone else.

Tomorrow, I need to get some nicotine gum to take the edge off the cravings starting Thursday during the Great American Smokeout. This time I'll actually read the directions about how to use them as part of a real program. The gum is too damn expensive to stay on that stuff very long. Far more expensive than the actual tobacco.

The adventure is about to begin.


3 comments:

Diana Benning said...

I hope your busy week is going as smooth as possible. Mine has been crazy too. It might be a great week to kick the habit!

Unknown said...

Oblivion must be my middle name: I didn't know a friend was an alcoholic; I never knew you were hooked on nicotime. Oblivion is very plesant.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for you G-Man! The nicotine gum DOES help. I stayed off of cigarettes for 5 years, of course I then became addicted to the gum...
Good luck!
:-)3T

The End Debt Daily paper.li