Wednesday, November 02, 2005

40-year-old teenager

If you were to see me now, which thankfully you can't, you would probably laugh. My complexion looks like I just went through puberty.

I've recently been beseiged by a weird sort of acne. I'm not sure if it's the old-fashion zits 16 year olds get or ingrown hairs or what, but my face and neck are starting to resemble the Pacific Northwest landscape with white-capped volcanic peaks popping up all over the place. Unlike the Northwest mountains, of which currently only Mount St. Helens is rumbling, I have periodic eruptions all over the place. Oh look, there's a new one. Stand back I think she's gonna blow!

Could it be the change in weather? I don't know. But I'm pretty much a mess. Fortunately I don't have a hot prom date coming up or something.

I was pretty lucky in the acne department as a teen. Yea, I had zits, but nothing too severe. No scarring or anything, physically nor emotionally. So I won't complain about a lost youth spend in shame or despair or with my head in a bucket of Benzoyl Peroxide or anything. But my face is probably worst off now that it ever was in my school days.

Well, if I'm getting this part of my youth back, I wonder if that means I can get my virginity back too. I promise to give it away more wisely this time. Oh, wait. That would make me a 40-year-old virgin. Sounds like the name of a screwball comedy or something. Who would pay to see that?

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

You aren't alone buddy. I have more zits now than I ever did as a teenager. All I need is a paper hat to wear while I say, "Would you like fries with that?" And I am set. ;)
Lois Lane

Diana Benning said...

Well, I have to say I lucked out in the acne department. I never had acne!I get a few now and then, mostly do to that lovely time of the month but nothing else. I hope I am not in for any surprises!

Hmmm....Do I want date a virgin? Let's see, I can teach you everything you need to know to please me and you will always think I am the best partner in the world. Hell YES! Where do I sign up?

The End Debt Daily paper.li