Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rain, rain, go the fuck away

It rained again Monday in the Coachella Valley. Not just rain, but a full-on torrential downpour. It's fucking ridiculous. In and area that is lucky if it gets nine inches of rain a year, we got nine-tenths of and inch just Monday. We've had more than an inch of rain since about 2 p.m. Sunday.

Crazy.

There are rivers of brown water flowing everywhere, the streets themselves looked like rivers. I had a lunch appointment today during the heart of the deluge. We got .61 of rain between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. today.

Enough already. Bring on the sun.

But what's the forecast? Rain or a chance of rain through Wednesday. I hope the fucking wildflowers are happy, because desert dwellers are starting to get a bit cranky.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Baby!
What do those whiners in Bagdhad know of suffering!?!

xxxoooxxx

The G-man said...

Thanks for the dose of reality Gene.

But come on, aren't you just a little tired of this weather too? This is Palm Springs, not Seattle (I can tell, because I was looking for the Space Needle all day yesterday).

Unknown said...

Yo! I signed up for the hot desert!!!

But the bagels look better next to an onion roll (or something like that).

Besides, tweaking is what I do. :-)

The G-man said...

I know that Gene. That's why I love ya my friend. But everyone else doesn't know that!

The End Debt Daily paper.li