Saturday, February 12, 2005

Nothing says I love you like...

Valentine's Day is just two days away, and corporate America is going it's best to help men and women, but mostly men I think, come up with that perfect romantic gift.

Of course there are ads on TV for diamonds, but not everyone has that kind of budget. I've heard radio and seen TV commercials for Vermont Teddy Bears as a romantic gift idea "for about the price of a dozen roses." Adam Carolla (of The Man Show and Crank Yankers) is pitching the cute and cuddly critters on TV. And on radio, George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM is hawking the bears.

Based on those two pitchmen, I'm guessing the guys who will be sending those betters to their betrothed are guys who like pull-my-finger jokes or believe they've been visited by space aliens.

There as another interesting Valentine gift pitch on late night TV for pajamas from a company called PajamaGram. They were pitching comfy or sexy pajamas delivered in a nice little hat box.

Perhaps it is no surprise that PajamaGram is a sister company of the Vermont Teddy Bear Co. The marketing pitches, for very different products, were surprisingly similar, pitching a "unique" Valentine gift idea that if you order now can still be shipped in time for Monday delivery.

But the most unique gift idea comes from a division of McNeil-PPC, or the Personal Products Company. This is indeed a gift to be shared, but could also be enjoyed alone. Yes, that's right, it's KY Warming Liquid. And if you go to the Web site, you can get a free sample in time to melt your love's heart (or genitalia) for the holiday. You can also test your Valentine dating skills with a link to a Warm Up Date.

Nothing says I love you like a personal lubricant that gets hot when applied to intimate areas.

Is it getting warm in here, or did I just over do it with the free samples?


6 comments:

zam said...

"Nothing says I love you like a personal lubricant that gets hot when applied to intimate areas."

Hahahaha! That cracked me up!

Diana Benning said...

I clicked your link to the KY Warming Liquid and it stated it would take 6-8 weeks to recieve my sample. I just don't think I can way that long to "Discover a whole new world of intimacy."

The G-man said...

But Brat, did you go ahead and order the sample anyway? We expect a full report if you did.

Diana Benning said...

Yes! I ordered a smaple. I will let you know what I find out if you behave.

Diana Benning said...

I just wanted to let g-man's readers know that it is my fault that he didn't post much this weekend. I kinda occupied his time. We get talking and we just can't stop. Although it kept him from his blog, we had a wonderful weekend and he has more dirt on me! Thanks again g-man!

The G-man said...

There is no such thing as having enough dirt on you, my dear Brat.

And for the right price, I'd be willing to share it.

For those of you that read Brat's blog, there are definitely details left out of the skinny dipping story. Absolutely scandalous!

Is it warm in here, or is it just me?

The End Debt Daily paper.li