Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tropical morning

I admit, I have been somewhat obsessed with comparing my current home in Salem to my former home in Southern California. In particular, I get in a rut making references to the weather, bemoaning the cold and wet fall and winter weather here in the Pacific Northwest.

For the record, this morning it is warmer in Salem than it is in Palm Springs ( 54 degrees at 7 a.m. in Salem compared to 47 in Palm Springs). Of course we got almost 2 inches of rain here yesterday, and the temperature is expected to be 74 in Palm Springs today.

BUT, for right now, it is WARMER here than in the land reputed for its winter warmth. I will try to remember that as the rains continue and rivers in the region threaten to overflow their banks today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heh Heh

"Love is where you find it."

(So is warmth.)

The End Debt Daily paper.li