Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Award-winning ticket

I have to admit, I really wasn't aware that the Golden Globe Awards were taking place until yesterday. But if the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association are good judges of quality cinema, it looks like I have spent my movie ticket dollars wisely so far this year.

OK, so as I mentioned in my last post the only movie I've seen at a theater in more than a years has been "Brokeback Mountain," which won four awards last night. I ended up watching part of the awards show last night, for whatever reason, and it further reiterated that I wish I had seen several of the movies that were up this year.

Among the movies that I wish I would have seen are "Walk The Line," "Capote," "Good Night, And Good Luck," and "Transamerica".

Oh well, eventually they will make it on to HBO, Cinemax or Encore, right?

But I've taken the plunge again, getting past whatever demons have possessed me of late that have kept me from venturing out as a single person to go solo to a movie theater again. Yea, the experience isn't as rich as it is to go to a movie with someone who you can talk about the performances with afterward. But then again, sitting home on the couch isn't real culturally or socially enriching either.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to see Brokeback Mountain took all those awards! It really was well done on so many different levels, as the awards show attested to.

All the ones you listed to see, are on my to see list as well. I hate the theater, I would much rather see them from the comfort of my couch.

Hope you had an enjoyable week-end G-Man.

3T

Brandon said...

i actually saw more movies when i was single and by myself than now. of course, i haven't been to any movies in ages. god, i think the last movie i saw was star wars episode III, that i took my son to.

and i've never seen the golden globes. god, i'm going to suck at pop culture quizzes when i get older.

Isabel said...

I hate to say it because it makes me sound so old...but damn, movies are expensive these days. And the popcorn prices-don't even get me started on that.

The End Debt Daily paper.li