Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dancing on the snooze button

I don't know if this is the end of a very long day, or the beginning of what promises to be another long day. Today I am going in to work about 4 hours earlier than normal to train some staff members to do at least some of the stuff I do now, since I won't be there to do those things after Friday.

I am really wanting a good case of short-timer's disease right now. You know, short-timer's is that affliction that hits people when they've given their notice, know they are leaving, and just don't give a shit anymore. Getting an hour's work out of someone with short-timer's is pretty much a major fucking accomplishment. And here I am, the major moron, putting in extra hours this week. What is wrong with this picture?

Well, I'm off to bed so my alarm can wake me up at another ungodly hour. Well, on the bright side, this may be the start of resetting my body clock, since I will have to be reporting to work at 8 a.m. in the new gig, which is only 6 hours before my current start time.

I'm beginning to think I didn't ask enough questions in my job interview. But then, maybe that will mean I will get off work 5 or 6 hours earlier than I do now as well.



3 comments:

Diana Benning said...

Oh my! Perhaps I should start resetting my body clock too.

Anonymous said...

Eh! I'm betting he still won't go to bed before Midnight in the new job! ;-)

Any takers?

Diana Benning said...

I am with you on that! I can't go to bed before Midnight and I have to be at work by 7:30 a.m.

The End Debt Daily paper.li