Friday, May 20, 2005

The last day

Mercifully, and mercilessly, the last day with my current employer has arrived. There is so much stuff I had intended to have done by now that is not. And I feel guilty. But in about 13 hours, it probably really won't matter. I can only get done what I can get done and then it will be time to move on.

I set the alarm again last night to get up "early." This morning's pre-work chore is an appointment with an eye doctor. Then I am schedule to go to lunch with colleagues and friends from work for the traditional going-away lunch. I've attended I don't know how many of those over the years here. But always for other people. Today is mine. And if my doctor's appointment runs long, I will be late. How embarrassing.

A half decade of my live comes down to a few days, and now to a few hours. So much I wanted to say. Wanted to do. Now, I just want a nap. Or better yet a full 8-10 yours of sleep.

No comments:

The End Debt Daily paper.li